2 avocados, halved, seeds removed (roll avocados on counter prior to cutting to pull flesh away from skin)
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (strain and save your bacon fat for later!)
3 tbsp grass-fed butter
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1-2 tsp minced garlic
Fresh wedge of lemon
- Place avocados on a serving tray.
- Rub lemon wedge against exposed avocado to prevent browning.
- Fill each avocado with bacon.
- Combine butter, balsamic and garlic in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir well and continuously. Kill the heat once the mixture comes to a boil.
- Drizzle glaze.
- Place any leftover glaze in a small decanter or cup (Iike to eat half of the avocado cup then add more glaze).
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is easy to scale up. The photo above shows a triple batch.
*Variation: I have also cut up avocados into chunks, added the bacon and glaze, and served it as a side. This could also make a nice topping for chicken or beef (perhaps a burger topping).