liver is an excellent source of protein for little ones. peanut is 8 months old now, so i have added liver to his menu.
1 lb free range, beef liver (free of antibiotics and hormones)
1. heat a few tbsp of olive oil on med-high heat (large frying pan)
2. add the beef liver
3. turn every few minutes (prevent sticking, burning), and continue to cook until blood ceases to pool up on top of the meat (20-30 minutes)preparation
1. cut into small chunks (1x2 inches)
2. place in food processor, and grind or chop
3. add a teaspoon of water if necessary
4. repeat until all meat has been "pureed"storage
1. place in individual containers or ice cube trays (covered).
2. stays for 2 days in the fridge, or 2 weeks in the freezer.
the liver was pretty pasty post processing, so i rolled it into tiny pate-like balls for peanut. he LOVED it - i was truly surprised that he enjoyed it so much.