2 plantains (sort of ripe but still firm)
1 sweet onion
1. Peel the plantains. Cut into small cubes.
2. Peel onion and slice/cut to preferred shape (I like large chunks).
3. Heat 2-6 tablespoons of coconut oil in frying pan on medium heat.
4. Add plantains, push around and coat well with oil.
5. Add the onions. Cook 5-10 minutes, moving contents around to prevent burning. Cooking too long will provide a nicer crunch, but the plantains will dry out a bit inside. I find best results by calling it quits once the plantains and onions show first signs of looking translucent.