using millet is a bit less work-intensive than making a traditional risotto with arborio rice.
i made an extra large batch so that i would have plenty of leftovers.
1 tbsp garlic (fresh, pressed)
2.5 C millet
2 qt bella mushrooms, sliced
2 qt veg stock
1 C red onion, chopped
1/4 C olive oil
1/2 C butter
1/2 C parmesan cheese
1. heat olive oil on medium-high heat
2. add garlic, saute for a minute or two
3. add onion, saute until softened
4. add mushrooms, saute until softened
5. add millet, coat well with the liquid/oil in the pan
6. add veg stock. bring to a boil
7. reduce to a simmer
8. stir periodically until all of the liquid has been absorbed (30-45 minutes)
9. remove from heat. add butter and parmesan cheese. mix well.
10. SERVE & ENJOY!!!
*for smaller recipes, simply use 3 C veg stock and 3 C mushrooms per 1 C of millet
**vegan potential: use margarine in lieu of butter, or eliminate completely, and omit the parmesan cheese (or use a substitute, if available).