my roommate from grad school made these once, using greek dressing, and oregano straight from greece :) i have modified the recipe slightly, and regardless of how many variations of this recipe i have made, it's always awesome!!
6 portobello mushroom caps (medium sized), cleaned, stems removed
1/4-1/2 C grape tomatoes, diced
1-2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 tsp fresh garlic, pressed
1. preheat oven to 375F
2. place a small amount of olive oil in bottom of small baking dish
3. place mushroom caps in baking dish
4. fill each cap with diced tomatoes
5. sprinkle basil and garlic on top of tomatoes
6. drizzle olive oil & balsamic on top
7. bake for 30 minutes
8. serve hot!
a. sprinkle feta cheese (and/or parmesan) after removing from oven (not vegan friendly, of course)
b. use greek dressing or other vinaigrette of choice, in lieu of balsamic/oil
c. use oregano in place of, or in addition to, basil
d. easy to double, triple, etc. this recipe to serve a dinner party!