*The recipe below is a double recipe - simply cut everything in half if you wish. I like doubling it so that I can freeze a few servings for later.
2 14.75 ounce cans of bone-in wild-caught salmon (28+ ounces total)
2 C canned or roasted sweet potato (I used 1/2 C roasted sweet potato and 1 1/2 C canned pumpkin)
1 C almond meal
2 eggs, whisked (or two tbsp flax meal in 6 tbsp water, let stand 5 minutes)
1/2 C kale, chopped
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 tsp parsley, dried
1 tsp paprika
1-2 tbsp coconut oil or clarified butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Flake salmon into large mixing bowl, removing all bones (if you are using bone-in salmon, that is)
- Add all remaining ingredients. Mix well with wooden spoon or hands
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Brush the paper with coconut oil or butter
- Using a 1/4 C measuring cup, scoop up the mixture, and dump out onto the parchment (that way you get metered, nicely-shaped patties.
- Bake 20 minutes, then remove from oven and flip. Bake 10 more minutes, or until golden brown.