However, I don't want to add honey to my foods, certainly not on a regular basis. So I decided to try the jello recipe with applesauce as the liquid, sans honey.
2 C applesauce, hot out of the crock pot, or out of a jar and warmed
2 tbsp beef gelatin
3-4 tbsp cold water
- Set out an 8x8 baking dish
- Mix gelatin in with the cold water, and mix with a fork until combined (it will be really thick)
- Scoop the hot applesauce into a mixing bowl and quickly add the gelatin/water mixture, mixing fervently to ensure that it dissolves evenly throughout
- Place in fridge for a few hours until it sets up
- Cut, serve and enjoy! It's delicious!
|This is what it looks for going in to the fridge, and coming out when solid!|